the ups-and-downs

Sunday, February 6, 2011

to my beloved who always wanted me

To my beloved grandpa,
     It hurts my heart to see you grow pale and even skinnier than before. You were admitted into the hospital and i knew it, but i did not call though i was prompted to. This chinese new year you fell down and the only foolish question i could ask was " gong gong, is it painful?"
     When i was young, you would talk to me beside my bed and pull my baby fingers and baby toes telling me that they will grow so long and beautiful. I would always compare my skin colour with you and am so proud that i am fairer. When i wake up, you would carry me down the stairs from the bed and throw me up so high to wake me up completely so i could see my favourite food being served on the table. I wondered right now, did you bring me to brush my teeth? haha
     When i was young, the lorry always seemed so tall and so hard for me to climb up. Everytime you saw me climbing up, you'll put on a big smile on your face (: You bring me here and there to those construction places and just bring me around my lovely hometown.
     I left you to ipoh but you have always wanted me whenever there's a planning of a family short trip. To taiping, to park ... anywhere..you'll ask your daughter to come to ipoh just to pick me up even though it's so inconvenient. Why ?? (: Because you love me so much so much and you are afraid i am lonely.
     When you were showering, you'll ask this little girl to take a shower scrub to brush your back with dettol shower cream umtil it's all red (: Do you still felt the warmth on your back grandpa although you're given a massage chair ?? Every night when i am in ipoh, you'll call me to check out everything's fine .
     Grandpa, forgive me for i do not know how to talk to you like how i used to when i was young, lie down on your big tummy and play with your short rough beard ...
     Above all else, you are forever my beloved grandpa and i am your beloved granddaughter (:

p/s: God loves you (:

No comments:

Post a Comment